Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today's blessings....







~For Today~

Outside my window... the sun is warm and beautiful.




I am thinking..... how nice it would be to be out enjoying the beautiful day, but I have things to do.


From the learning room.... that life can change in an instant. Every life is precious.



I am hearing..... birds in the trees outside, and the breeeze gently moving the blind. The window is open to let fresh air in.



I am thankful for..... another beautiful baby who came to join our family last night at 7pm. Our nephew and his wife's 4th child, a darling little girl was born. Mum and bub are doing well.



From the kitchen..... I've just made myself a Vegemite sandwich and a cup of tea.



I am wearing..... jeans and a brown top. It's a bit cooler today so I have sox on my feet.



I am hoping.... for a good outcome for Betty.



I am creating.... graphics and working.



I am praying..... for Betty. Betty is the Mum of my best friend as I was growing up, Peta. She was like a second mum to me. Today I found out that sadly Betty is in the hospital very unwell with a brain tumor. She is such a kind, beautiful lady both inside and out. I'm praying that the Lord will give wisdom to her doctors, and Betty the courage, peace and hope she and her family need at this time.



Around the house.... I just unloaded the dishwasher while the kettle boiled for my tea.





post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sad news about your BF's Mom - prayers being said!

    Congrats on the new "great-nibling" born to your nephew & his wife! Very exciting ;-)

    Had to giggle at your Vegemite sandwich... not that it's humorous, but just that I can only think of "Men at Work" singing from my youth about "Down Under" ;-)

    Love ya xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you did it!! I'm so glad you have joined the Simple Women's Daybook. I hope it brings you much joy and discovery.

    I am sad to learn about your friend. I think about how it will be for me some day and this is not a way I would want to leave this earth. So I will pray for your mum's friend and I think she is blessed to have your sweet prayers on her too.

    Congratulations to the new baby and family. That's a wonderful thing. Life is precious and sweet. Children are a gift from God, they are His reward.

    Love to you, dear friend,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, hope you're having a good start to your week, your Monday will be about over now I think! I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom and I will say a prayer for her.
    I need to update my blog, my sis has been 'nagging' me ;-)
    All is well here, I just don't blog so much, I'm usually playing on the farm in FB!
    love you
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete